Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- A beautiful piece about @ShalaneFlanagan's retirement, by @erinstrout for @WomensRunning! https://t.co/MroKJYnzsf 09:48:56 AM October 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s hard not to play the comparison game sometimes when it comes to running and social media. Every weekend morni… https://t.co/aM5H9M1OmL 07:34:45 PM October 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 02:45:55 PM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC 07:34:49 AM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Category Archives: NYC Marathon
58 post(s) found
The New York City Marathon is pure magic — and it’s just two weeks away! That means it’s officially time to start stalking the weather and watching inspirational videos ’round the clock, right? Everything about this race gives me happy […]
I have no voice, my whole body is sore, and I’m exhausted. I woke up yesterday with a slight hangover and a major urge to register for the next race I can find. It is officially the week after the […]
For the past two years, I wasn’t really into the “year end recap” thing. I cringed looking back on the two previous years, and wanted pretty desperately to just move forward. As I said time and time again, 2012 and […]
Posted in Celebrity Sightings, Crohn's disease, Family, Happy Things, NYC, NYC Marathon, Races, Running, Yoga and tagged 2014, Bethany Lyons, Bridgehampton Half Marathon, Bronx 10-Mile, Crohn's Disease, Dance Spirit, Family, Hawaii, JackRabbit, Katie Couric, Lyons Den Power Yoga, New York City Marathon, November Project, Races, Ragnar Relay, Ragnar Relay Adirondacks, Runner's World Half and Festival, Running, Solstice in Times Square, Spring Duathlon at Smolak Farms, Yoga-
Hi! My name is Ali and I blog about running, Crohn’s disease, and life in NYC with a side of sarcasm at Ali On The Run. I’m 29, and I’m a writer/editor doing digital marketing for a running company and […]
After last year’s nearly perfect New York City Marathon, I said I didn’t need to run the race again. Despite being mid-Crohn’s flare and having to make three ugly bathroom stops along the way, I paced myself beautifully and enjoyed […]
I’m tapering. Oh thank the sweet running gods (or coaches, or calendars, or whatever), I am tapering. Yeah, my training plan for the Steamtown Marathon is “only” a 12-week plan, but boy has it done me in. My body feels […]
Summer is over. This is what I have to show for it: I went to the beach zero times, I went in zero pools, and I didn’t take little weekend vacations beyond going to Brian’s bike races. I don’t know […]
Big things are happening. Huge. On Tuesday, I ran to work! It was cold and wonderful. My first morning run! On Wednesday, I fully reacquainted myself with public transportation. I rode the subway three times and took the bus once. […]
First I wrote the “Lessons I Learned in 2013” post. I’d been taking notes throughout the year, so drafting this bad boy was a breeze. But the lessons were predictable (People love to be offended! A good couch is a […]
It’s been a while! The excuse-truth for being anti-blogging: I’m Crohnsing pretty hard. I know I know I know I know. It’s the never-ending shitstorm, and that’s not even supposed to be a pun. Though the puns are practically unavoidable […]
Posted in Biking, Crohn's disease, Family, Holidays, NYC, NYC Marathon, Running, Travel, Winter Things Like Snow, Yoga and tagged Biking, Christmas, CitiBike, Contoocook, Crohn's Disease, Holidays, Lyons Den Power Yoga, New Hampshire, New Year's Resolutions, New York City, New York City Ballet, New York City Marathon, Radio City Christmas Spectacular, Running, The Nutcracker, Travel, Yoga-