Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
- July 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 264: On the Record with Dana Giordano, Host of More Than Running
- July 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 263: Hawi Keflezighi, Founder & CEO of HAWI Management
Ali on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
“I won’t use my voice unless I can back up whatever argument I’m trying to make. But I’ve gotten increasingly more comfortable putting myself in those situations and taking a stance on something and then being able to back it up, whether it’s systemic racism, whether it’s diversity in the sport, whether it’s how we should be handling the pandemic right now as runners. We all have thoughts on those things. A lot of us are afraid to share those thoughts. Not all of us have platforms where we can share those thoughts and have it have an impact, and I am very cognizant of the fact that I do, and I want to make sure I’m using my platform for good in those ways and spurring up healthy conversation and debate.”
Today, we wrap up the On the Record series with Mario Fraioli, host of The Morning Shakeout podcast and creator of The Morning Shakeout newsletter. Mario comes to podcasting with a background in journalism: He’s a longtime sports writer and was the editor of Competitor magazine. On this episode, Mario talks about taking that journalistic approach when it comes to having conversations with running’s top athletes, and opens up about getting comfortable taking a stance and using his voice. And he explains why sometimes, you have to let the silence do the work.
Thank you to Gatorade Endurance for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! Go to gatoradeendurance.com and use code ONTHERUN20 for 20% off your order.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How and why Mario got into podcasting (11:00)
- How Mario prepares for his interviews (18:40)
- What’s on Mario’s mind right now? (29:00)
- On choosing guests for The Morning Shakeout (35:50)
- Mario shares his dream-come-true moments (43:00)
- On speaking out (53:50)
What we mention on this episode:
“Interview: Mebrahtom Keflezighi,” by Mario Fraioli for mensracing.com
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!