Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 269: Ali & the Experts with Laura Parrott, Career Coach
- August 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 268: Jenny Simpson
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
Ali on the Run Show Episode 262: On the Record with Chris Chavez, Host of the Citius Mag and Runners of NYC Podcasts
“Once you have enough of these uncomfortable conversations, you do start to pick up on new ways of going about it and asking different questions. It’s never going to end. Being uncomfortable is just part of it, and you welcome it, and do it over and over and over again to get better.”
Welcome to the second episode in the four-part “On the Record” series, talking with fellow running podcasters about their work, their takes on the state of the running industry, and their roles within it. We kicked things off last week with Alysia Montaño, Molly Huddle, and Roisin McGettigan-Dumas — the hosts off Keeping Track — and this week, Chris Chavez is here! In addition to being a full-time writer for Sports Illustrated, Chris is also the host of the Citius Mag podcast, and co-host of the Runners of NYC podcast (alongside former Ali on the Run Show guest Leigh Anne Sharek). He’s an important, well-respected voice in the running community, and on this episode, Chris talks about what it means to be an influencer in the running space, explains how he decides who to feature on his shows, and reflects on what the future of the running industry and community might look like.
Thank you to Gatorade Endurance for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! Go to gatoradeendurance.com and use code ONTHERUN20 for 20% off your order.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Chris decides what to cover where (3:45)
- Why podcasting? (11:30)
- What does it mean to be an influencer in the running space? (16:00)
- On deciding who to feature on the podcast (28:00)
- Chris talks about his recent “Black Off the Track” piece for Sports Illustrated (37:00)
- The future of the running industry and community (46:45)
What we mention on this episode:
“Black Off the Track,” by Chris Chavez for Sports Illustrated
“Mary Cain Speaks Out Against Nike and Coach Alberto Salazar Over Emotional, Physical Abuse,” by Chris Chavez for Sports Illustrated
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!