Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 269: Ali & the Experts with Laura Parrott, Career Coach
- August 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 268: Jenny Simpson
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
Ali on the Run Show Episode 259: On the Record with the Hosts of Keeping Track
“I’m not afraid to have the uncomfortable conversations. Does it mean I feel comfortable? No! And I need my allies. I need my friends to say what I’ve been saying.” —Alysia Montaño
Welcome to the first episode in a new four-part series, where I’ll be talking with fellow running podcast hosts about how they view the current state of the running industry and their roles within it. We’re kicking things off with Alysia Montaño, Molly Huddle, and Roisin McGettigan-Dumas, the hosts of Keeping Track! As current and former professional athletes, these three incredibly accomplished women offer a unique lens on the sport. They are mothers, businesswomen, authors, and important voices in running and beyond. On this episode, we talk about how Keeping Track came to fruition, and discuss representation in the running community.
Thank you to Gatorade Endurance for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! Go to gatoradeendurance.com and use code ONTHERUN20 for 20% off your order.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Keeping Track came to fruition (9:10)
- The hopes, dreams, plans, and goals of Keeping Track (13:10)
- Reflecting on Keeping Track’s “Representation in Running” episode, and the reactions to that conversation (21:15)
- What does the future of the running industry look like? (41:40)
- What are Molly, Ro, and Alysia’s dreams for the running industry? (51:50)
What we mention on this episode:
“Racing for Representation” via Keeping Track
Follow Keeping Track:
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!