Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
Ali on the Run Show Episode 250: On the Job with Grace Kim James, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Atlantic Records
“Music literally changes peoples’ lives. It really has the ability to uplift people, especially during today’s times. That’s a really powerful thing, and that, to me, is success. Beyond the sales and the accolades and the awards — being able to create positive change through music.”
As Senior Vice President of Marketing at Atlantic Records, Grace Kim James works pretty much 24/7. On this episode, she talks about breaking into the music business, and what it’s really like working for the number one label in the U.S. She talks about working closely with artists including Lizzo and Missy Elliott, and recalls that fateful day in the dining hall at NYU where it all started. There’s glitz, glamour, and long, late nights on set or “at the club” — and somehow in between all that, Grace has trained for and run eight marathons.
Thank you to Tracksmith for sponsoring the On the Job series on the Ali on the Run Show! Go to tracksmith.com/ontherun and use code ONTHERUN15 at checkout for 15% off your first Tracksmith purchase!
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!