Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
Ali on the Run Show Episode 243: On the Job with Amy Diallo, Covid-19 Researcher
“We just wish that science was faster sometimes!”
Amy Diallo always knew she wanted to be a scientist. Growing up in France, her plan was always to move to the United States and study infectious diseases. And perhaps never has Amy’s career as a postdoctoral researcher at University of California, San Francisco, been more relevant than today, as she’s spending long hours in the lab doing Covid-19 research. Every day, Amy and her team are hard at work studying proteins to eventually develop medication that will treat the novel coronavirus. On this episode, she talks about why she wanted to work in infectious diseases, what it’s like being an essential worker right now, and what it’s really like being a scientist in the cutthroat biochemistry lab world. She talks about the pressure to work fast, what she wants everyone to know about where we’re at right now with this pandemic, and how running fits into her busy life.
Thank you to Tracksmith for sponsoring the On the Job series on the Ali on the Run Show! Go to tracksmith.com/ontherun and use code ONTHERUN15 at checkout for 15% off your first Tracksmith purchase!
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!