Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
- July 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 264: On the Record with Dana Giordano, Host of More Than Running
- July 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 263: Hawi Keflezighi, Founder & CEO of HAWI Management
Ali on the Run Show Episode 236: Izzy Seidel, Tracksmith Marketing & Communications Associate
“I always knew Molly was going to qualify for the Olympics at some point. It was just a matter of when.”
During the last weekend in February, everyone was talking about one race: the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials. But there was another race that same day, in that same city: Take the Bridge, which Izzy Seidel won. And if that last name sounds familiar — particularly in the context of having a great race in Atlanta on February 29 — that’s because Izzy’s sister is Molly Seidel, who finished second at the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials that same day, solidifying her spot on the U.S. Olympic Team. On this episode, Izzy recaps that day in Atlanta from her perspective. What is it like when your sister (and roommate!) runs the Trials and lands a spot on the U.S. team? Izzy, who lives in Boston and works for Tracksmith, talks about watching the race, going on to win Take the Bridge, and then taking selfies with adoring fans — who thought she was Molly!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for 15% off wireless headphones. (My favorite is the Aeropex!)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What’s making Izzy happy right now, and what her running looks like these days (3:10)
- Recapping the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials from Izzy’s perspective (9:30)
- On going on to run — and win — Take the Bridge later that night (33:30)
- What Izzy and Molly’s relationship was like growing up (38:10)
- All about Izzy’s job at Tracksmith (43:50)
What we mention on this episode:
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!