Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Loved hearing from @tracksmith head of communications, @leeglandorf, on the Ali on the Run Show today. (Bonus episo… https://t.co/k3t8WhQiNR 06:44:10 AM May 22, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I was at the cross-section of a couple different identities that people didn’t quite understand.” Really love tod… https://t.co/e5sfK9l0Zm 06:27:20 AM May 21, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
- May 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 237: A Message & A Promise From Ali
- May 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 236: Izzy Seidel, Tracksmith Marketing & Communications Associate
10 Little Things I'm Loving Right Now
Long day. Long week. Long month. Long year, huh? But hey, it’s Friday! And that’s cool! (I know people make jokes that every day is the same right now, but I’m down to celebrate Friday if you are!)
I was really intentional this week about shifting my mindset. About focusing on the positive. About not stressing over what I can’t control. About taking the anxiety as it came, and then moving forward. About, always, focusing on the health and safety of my family and loved ones, and being grateful for what we have and where we are. About being so incredibly grateful for the people on the front lines. And about putting love and kindness out into the world for people who are, in any way, struggling right now.
And along the way, I watched some stuff, I bookmarked some stuff, I screenshotted (screenshat?!) some stuff. And because sharing is caring, here are 10 little things making me feel a variety of emotions right now, and that you might enjoy, too!
1. The Schitt’s Creek series finale. While I am devastated the greatest show of all-time has come to an end, I loved the final episode. What a delight. I scream-laughed and I sobbed. If you haven’t watched this show, UM WHY??? Highly recommend starting at the beginning. I love this journey for you.
Meanwhile, I started watching Ozark on Netflix and I hate it and it’s stressful, but I am invested now, so here we go.
2. This video. I sobbed. I love it.
James Corden wraps up #HomeFest with some words on the range of emotions he's felt while in quarantine and then invites Ben Platt and the cast of Dear Evan Hansen perform "You Will Be Found"
Posted by The Late Late Show with James Corden on Monday, March 30, 2020
3. This sweatshirt. I live in it. It is the softest, comfiest, coziest thing I own, and if you want to be cozy, this is the best. I love a lightweight, snuggly sweatshirt.
4. This Instagram post. I spit-laughed. OMG. Hahahaha.
5. This video. Oh my god, the part when he puts on the uniform. Andy is a dream Ali on the Run Show guest for sure.
6. This piece by Erin Strout, for Women’s Running. This paragraph, in particular, brought out a whole flurry of emotions:
7. This video from Billy Yang, which is a few months old, but is worth a watch. The footage is so beautiful. So many familiar running faces! (How many past Ali on the Run Show guests can you spot?!) I really loved it when I first watched it back in January, and enjoyed watched it again, somewhere around 11:30 PM, one night this week.
8. I’m more proud than ever to be a lululemon ambassador. Not only is lululemon continuing to pay its employees while its stores are closed, the company also introduced a $2 million global relief fund for its store ambassadors who have been directly affected by the COVID-19 crisis. For ambassadors who are studio owners or who own businesses that are suffering during this time, lululemon has stepped in to help financially support them. (I don’t qualify. I didn’t even apply. This is not for me! I’m just super proud of it and am thrilled to see a brand I get to represent doing this to give back.)
9. This article about dance icon Mark Kanemura. Shameless plug: I wrote it! I’ve had the privilege of working with Mark for several years now, and he is such a sparkly light in this world, now more than ever. Give it a read. He’s delightful.
10. Hitting 100 Patreon supporters. I AM BLOWN AWAY BY THIS! I launched a Patreon page a few days ago, and seeing the names come in every day has been so incredibly rewarding. I wanted to focus on connection and community this year, and this new way of living is providing an interesting challenge in finding ways to pursue those words, those goals, without in-person interaction. THANK YOU for the support on Patreon, and in every way you choose to show your support for me and what I do. I’m so deeply grateful and appreciative.
CHIME IN AND SPREAD THE POSITIVITY! What’s something you’re loving, liking, or wanting to share with the world right now? We could all use it!
Posted in Happy Things-