Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
“It’s really a lesson in humans and human activity.”
Welcome to the On the Job series on the Ali on the Run Show! Every Tuesday for the next seven weeks, we’ll meet cool women with interesting, fascinating, unique, badass jobs. They’ll talk about how they got into their respective fields, what their jobs entail, why their work matters, and why they’ve pursued their passions. Plus, they’re all runners, so they’ll talk about how running fits into their busy lives. First up: Rachel Dewan. Rachel is an archaeologist who spends her summers in Greece, digging for artifacts and studying ancient cultures from 4,000 years ago. (The Minoan culture, specifically.) It’s her job to dig up material culture and try to make sense of it all. On this episode, she talks about what, exactly, it means to be an archaeologist (she’s not Ross from Friends!), what it’s like on a dig, and what being on a dig actually means.
Inspired? Me, too! This November, Rachel will be leading a trip combining both her passions: running and archaeology. This 8-day running tour of Greece (led by Rachel and a fellow archaeologist and art historian) will end with the Athens Marathon. Between runs, you’ll explore historic places and great food. Check it out here!
Thank you to Tracksmith for sponsoring the On the Job series on the Ali on the Run Show! Go to tracksmith.com/ontherun and use code ONTHERUN15 at checkout for 15% off your first Tracksmith purchase!
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!