Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 260: On the Job with United States Air Force Colonel Shelly Mendieta
- July 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 259: On the Record with the Hosts of Keeping Track
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
Ali on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
“I’m not going to throw a pity party. I’m celebrating this day. I was a part of history.”
It’s so hard to believe it’s been nearly a month since we were all in Atlanta for the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials — truly the good old days! And I want to keep remembering and celebrating those days. Andrea Toppin is a chiropractic student and elite marathoner for Oiselle who trains with the Minnesota Distance Elite — and she didn’t have the race of her dreams that day in Atlanta. On this episode, Andrea shares her story, opens up about the tough decision to DNF at the Trials, and talks about her outlook moving forward. (Spoiler: One race does not define you as a runner or as a human!)
Thank you to the Atlanta Track Club for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! The Atlanta Track Club is proud to host the AJC Peachtree Road Race — the largest 10K in the world! — every year on the Fourth of July. The lottery for this year’s race is NOW OPEN, so head to ajc.com/peachtree to enter!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Andrea recaps her race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials (7:10)
- What’s next for Andrea? (39:30)
What we mention on this episode:
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!