Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- April 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 225: On the Job with Taylor Ritzel, Content Acquisition at Netflix
- April 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 224: Catching Up with Emma Coburn
- March 30, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 223: On the Job with Kelly McKnight, Orthopedic Surgery Resident
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
Ali on the Run Show Episode 213: LIVE at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials with Carrie Tollefson, Meb Keflezighi, & UCAN
This is the first of several post-U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials episodes coming your way this week. It was such an honor to co-host a live show after the race alongside Carrie Tollefson and Meb Keflezighi — in front of a 400-person audience! After an inspiring opening speech by UCAN President and CEO Shoba Murali and a few remarks from Meb, we recapped the race with Carrie (who was the official race announcer) and Meb (the official race starter). Then, we welcomed seven UCAN athletes — Sarah Sellers, Taylor Ward, Dawn Grunnagle, Tyler Pennel, Andrea Toppin, Anita Perez, and Jocelyn Todd — who shared their stories from the day. Some had breakthrough races (a PR for Sarah Sellers!), while others had challenging days on the course. All of their stories were honest, uplifting, and relatable, and I’m so grateful for everything they shared.
Thank you to UCAN for sponsoring this episode of Ali on the Run Show! Click here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your order, plus free shipping. (First-time buyers, check out the UCAN Run Starter Pack here, and get 50 percent off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Opening remarks from Shoba Murali, UCAN President and CEO (3:40)
- A few words from Meb Keflezighi (9:00)
- The live show begins! Carrie and Meb recap the race from their perspectives (12:30)
- Taylor Ward, Sarah Sellers, and Dawn Grunnagle recap their races at the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials (30:45)
- Tyler Pennel joins the conversation to talk about his race, where he finished 11th overall (43:20)
- Andrea Toppin, Anita Perez, and Jocelyn Todd share their races stories from the day (58:30)
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!