Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 260: On the Job with United States Air Force Colonel Shelly Mendieta
- July 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 259: On the Record with the Hosts of Keeping Track
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
Ali on the Run Show Episode 210: Elle Purrier, Indoor Mile American Record Holder
“It’s a pretty misunderstood lifestyle. Unless you’re in it, you don’t really have a clue what it’s like to do it or why you would do it, because it’s so much work. But the people who have a passion for it would never change that.”
Earlier this month, Elle Purrier won the Wanamaker Mile at the Millrose Games in New York City. In the process, she set a new American record in the indoor mile (4:16.85), broke a 37-year-old record, ran an 8-second personal best time, and ran the second fastest indoor mile in history. On this episode, Elle, who runs for New Balance, talks about that day, and reflects on her indoor season before she begins training for outdoor season — and the 2020 Olympic Track & Field Trials. She also talks about growing up on a dairy farm in Vermont, and how that impacted her work ethic.
Thank you to the Atlanta Track Club for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! Go to atlantatrackclub.org to sign up for this weekend’s Publix Atlanta 5K, where you can finish in the same spot as the men and women running the Olympic Trials Marathon the day before!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Recapping Elle’s amazing race at the 2020 Millrose Games (3:00)
- Recapping the next week’s USATF indoor championships in Albuquerque, where Elle ran the 3000m (11:00)
- Elle sounds off on her competition (19:15)
- What’s next for Elle, and how does outdoor training compare to indoor training? (20:30)
- On growing up on a dairy farm in Vermont (22:45)
- A closer look at Elle’s training, and looking back at the 2019 Fifth Avenue Mile (28:30)
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!