Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 201: Neely Spence Gracey
“I wasn’t ready to run a marathon to my standards, and I did it anyway, and I was able to meet that goal, I was able to check off a goal, and I haven’t been able to do that in a long time.”
Neely Spence Gracey just ran her first postpartum race since having her son, Athens, in 2018. She ran the Houston Marathon — and qualified for the Olympic Trials by running a 2:44. Not a bad return to the races! But Neely’s journey to the OTQ hasn’t been easy. On this episode, she talks about her pregnancy and postpartum running expectations vs. her reality, which included a series of injuries and other issues that kept her sidelined despite her best efforts to remain strong and healthy. She also talks about new motherhood, rest day-related anxiety, and why she stopped weighing herself.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Neely is feeling post-Houston Marathon, and why this marathon — her slowest — was also her proudest (2:30)
- Neely talks about running during pregnancy, and her postpartum running experience (6:30)
- Neely opens up about her nonlinear return to running (23:45)
- Neely shares how her perspective about taking rest days has changed over the years (34:45)
- Neely recaps her 2020 Houston Marathon experience (40:45)
- Neely’s message to new moms trying to get back on the run (58:00)
What we mention on this episode:
“Neely Spence Gracey Is Ready to Chase the Olympic Trials Standard at Houston” by Taylor Dutch for Runner’s World
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!