Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
“I dropped so many F-bombs the last 10K! I just kept saying, ‘It’s gonna happen, it’s gonna happen!’ I was just so hyped up.”
This past weekend, Starla Garcia ran the Chevron Houston Marathon in 2 hours and 43 minutes — officially qualifying to run the 2020 Olympic Trials. On this episode — the 200th episode of the Ali on the Run Show! — Starla talks about her road to the OTQ, including missing the cutoff by just two minutes at last year’s Grandma’s Marathon, and a DNF at CIM. She talks about developing an eating disorder in high school, and finding recovery as a division-1 athlete in college. Today, Starla is a registered dietitian living in Houston, TX.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Where Starla’s OTQ dream came from (3:10)
- On bouncing back from disappointment (8:45)
- What Starla’s pre-Houston training was like (14:45)
- What it felt like to cross the finish line with an Olympic Trials qualifying time (27:00)
- Starla reflects on her relationship with running when she was growing up, and the pressure she felt as a D-1 collegiate runner (31:00)
- Starla talks about her past with an eating disorder (36:20)
- On becoming a registered dietitian (49:40)
What we mention on this episode:
“Elated Runners Are Headed to Trials After Grabbing an #OTQinHOU,” by Emilia Benton for Runner’s World
Anti-Diet by Christy Harrison
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!