Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
Ali on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
“The goal isn’t to stop feeling anxious or to judge yourself for it. That’s like saying, ‘Oh, it shouldn’t be raining.’ But it is. So now what?”
Rachel Gersten is a New York City-based licensed therapist, and is the co-founder of Viva Wellness. On this episode — perfect for the new year! — she dishes out advice about dealing with burnout, anxiety, and what to do when you realize you have no idea what you want to do with the rest of your life. She also talks about her lifelong battle with chronic pain, and how running more than 150 races, including marathons, has actually helped her cope with the pain.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What does it actually mean to be a wellness coach? (2:30)
- Why are most people going to therapy these days? (10:30)
- What to do when you realize you’re not sure what you want to be when you grow up (18:00)
- What do appointments with Rachel look like? (24:25)
- On chronic pain, and becoming a runner (34:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!