Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 260: On the Job with United States Air Force Colonel Shelly Mendieta
- July 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 259: On the Record with the Hosts of Keeping Track
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
Ali on the Run Show Episode 195: Mary Johnson, Founder of Lift, Run, Perform, on Postpartum Life and Running
“I’m just winging it.”
Mary Johnson (perhaps best known as @itsamarython on Instagram) is the owner of Lift, Run, Perform. She’s a running coach and a strength coach who also works at Ranfone Training Systems. And she just had a baby! Mary’s first child, Eli, is five months old, and on this episode, Mary very honestly talks about what the past five months have looked like for her. She talks about the highs and lows of new motherhood, explains her strategy for getting work done as a work-from-home mom, and opens up about her expectations vs. the reality of returning to running postpartum.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Mary talks about how she’s feeling at 20 weeks postpartum, and shares her take on expectation vs. reality (3:00)
- On seeing a pelvic floor physical therapist (12:10)
- On finding, develoing, and harnessing new-mom confidence (15:00)
- Mary talks about having to get a D&C after giving birth (17:45)
- On being a work-from-home entrepreneur mom, and getting back to work after baby (26:00)
- Mary talks about coaching a group of women to run sub-3:00 marathons this fall (42:50)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!