Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 195: Mary Johnson, Founder of Lift, Run, Perform, on Postpartum Life and Running
“I’m just winging it.”
Mary Johnson (perhaps best known as @itsamarython on Instagram) is the owner of Lift, Run, Perform. She’s a running coach and a strength coach who also works at Ranfone Training Systems. And she just had a baby! Mary’s first child, Eli, is five months old, and on this episode, Mary very honestly talks about what the past five months have looked like for her. She talks about the highs and lows of new motherhood, explains her strategy for getting work done as a work-from-home mom, and opens up about her expectations vs. the reality of returning to running postpartum.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Mary talks about how she’s feeling at 20 weeks postpartum, and shares her take on expectation vs. reality (3:00)
- On seeing a pelvic floor physical therapist (12:10)
- On finding, develoing, and harnessing new-mom confidence (15:00)
- Mary talks about having to get a D&C after giving birth (17:45)
- On being a work-from-home entrepreneur mom, and getting back to work after baby (26:00)
- Mary talks about coaching a group of women to run sub-3:00 marathons this fall (42:50)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!