Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 260: On the Job with United States Air Force Colonel Shelly Mendieta
- July 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 259: On the Record with the Hosts of Keeping Track
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
Ali on the Run Show Episode 193: Jenny & Judi Donnelly BONUS EPISODE!
“We are both a bit stubborn — especially about our goals.” —Jenny Donnelly
It was a big, exciting weekend at the 2019 California International Marathon! It was especially exciting for the Donnelly family: 28-year-old Jenny qualified for the Olympic Marathon Trials, finishing in 2:44.31, and her mom, 62-year-old Judi celebrating 25 years of being breast-cancer-free, ran a lifetime personal best, finishing in a Boston Marathon qualifying time of 3:56. On this episode, Jenny and Judi reflect on their exciting weekend at CIM, and talk about why this sport and this community are so special. Jenny opens up about her history with race anxiety, and Judi talks about navigating parenting a child who is dealing with running-related panic attacks. It’s a fun episode that proves why running is so magical.
Thank you to Generation UCAN for sponsoring this episode of Ali on the Run Show! Click here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your order, plus free shipping. (First-time buyers, check out the UCAN Run Starter Pack here, and get 50 percent off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Jenny breaks down her race at CIM (3:55)
- Judi talks about running a 3:56 at CIM — a lifetime personal best! (10:45)
- Jenny talks about her history for race anxiety (14:50)
- Judi talks about what it was like running the New York City Marathon in the 80s! (25:40)
- What it’s like getting panic attacks on the run (29:00)
- Judi talks about being 25 years cancer-free, and talks about raising high-achieving daughters (36:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!