Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
“When you’re in a powerless position and the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t going to burn bridges. You don’t have many bridges to walk across.”
Phoebe Wright is a former professional middle-distance runner who spent six years competing as a Nike-sponsored athlete. Phoebe, an 800-meter specialist from Tennessee, became a five-time national champion before retiring after the 2016 Olympics. On this episode, she reflects on her time with Nike and talks about some of the big stories in running right now, including #DreamMaternity and Mary Cain. She also talks about confidence, overtraining, and being an advocate for the running industry and its athletes.
Thank you to the New York Road Runners Virtual Turkey Trot 5K for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE to register (it’s free!) and complete your Turkey Trot anytime between November 23 and December 1. Everybody’s doing it!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Phoebe reflects on her six years as a Nike athlete (4:45)
- Phoebe’s take on the #DreamMaternity coverage (13:10)
- Phoebe discusses the recent Mary Cain story about Mary’s time working with Alberto Salazar and Nike (18:40)
- Phoebe talks about training with Brooks (21:50)
- On being an advocate, confidence, and having thick skin (27:45)
- Phoebe talks about her experience with overtraining (30:45)
- All about being a pharmacist! (35:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!