Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Loved hearing from @tracksmith head of communications, @leeglandorf, on the Ali on the Run Show today. (Bonus episo… https://t.co/k3t8WhQiNR 06:44:10 AM May 22, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I was at the cross-section of a couple different identities that people didn’t quite understand.” Really love tod… https://t.co/e5sfK9l0Zm 06:27:20 AM May 21, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
- May 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 237: A Message & A Promise From Ali
- May 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 236: Izzy Seidel, Tracksmith Marketing & Communications Associate
Ali on the Run Show Episode 183: Stephanie Pennington, Creator of Project Finish
“They don’t expect a group to be there. And any runner deserves that incredible finish, no matter if it took two hours or if it’s taken 12. It’s not so much the time that needs to be celebrated in this case, it’s the passion and the drive and the motivation behind each runner’s story.”
In 2015, Stephanie Pennington had just completed her first New York City Marathon. After finishing, she went out to celebrate — but before heading back home, she wanted to swing back through Central Park to see if anything was still happening. It was 7:45 PM, and Stephanie saw runners still making their way to the iconic finish line. She was inspired — and she didn’t want any of those runners to ever finish 26.2 miles without a celebration. That’s how Project Finish was born. (This video is a must-watch.) Now, every year at the TCS New York City Marathon finish line, Stephanie encourages people to join her and her wildly enthusiastic, growing group of supporters to cheer at the finish line until the very last runner comes through. On this episode, Stephanie — who is a fashion and technical designer for QVC — shares some inspiring finish line stories, and talks about her hopes and dreams for Project Finish this year.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What inspired Stephanie to start Project Finish (3:30)
- What is the Project Finish vibe like? (12:15)
- Stephanie’s favorite Project Finish memories from over the years (15:50)
- Why YOU should show up for Project Finish at this year’s TCS New York City Marathon (27:10)
- Stephanie shares her running story (34:10)
- All about Stephanie’s job (47:15)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!