Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- February 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 210: Elle Purrier, Indoor Mile American Record Holder
- February 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 209: Catching Up with Andrea Barber
- February 17, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Live in Atlanta + Runners to Watch at the Olympic Marathon Trials
- February 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 208: Love on the Run Week with Kara & Adam Goucher
- February 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 207: Love on the Run Week with Gwen Jorgensen & Pat Lemieux
Ali on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
“I think kindness can solve a lot of problems.”
Last year, Carly Gill made a goal to qualify for the Olympic Trials in the marathon. She ran CIM in December 2018 — and came up just two minutes short of her goal. So this year, Carly was ready to get stronger, faster, and fitter, and again chase down an OTQ time of 2:45 or faster. On this episode, Carly talks about her dream come true: running a 2:42 at the Berlin Marathon, and officially qualifying to run the Olympic Marathon Trials in Atlanta in February 2020. She talks about the mental side of training and racing, and shares her take on expectations, disappointment, and how to emotionally recover after a race. Carly is a freelance TV producer living in Brooklyn, NY.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Carly reflects on running an Olympic Trials qualifying time at the Berlin Marathon (2:45)
- On running most of the race surrounded by men (23:00)
- Carly revisits the heartbreaks on the way to her 2:42 marathon, and talks about putting her goals out there publicly (29:00)
- How Carly went from running a 6:14 mile to running 26.2 of them at 6:10 pace (35:00)
- A look at Carly’s Berlin training cycle, and how it was different than past marathon training cycles (42:40)
- Carly talks about joining a team — or not joining a team (52:00)
- Carly talks about life as a freelance television producer (59:30)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!