Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 269: Ali & the Experts with Laura Parrott, Career Coach
- August 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 268: Jenny Simpson
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
Ali on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
“The way that I’m training is good for my soul right now.”
Carrie Tollefson is a professional middle-distance runner and Olympian turned mom of three, broadcaster, race analyst, podcast host, running camp director, and so much more. Most recently, the former 1500-meter specialist added another impressive title to her list: 2:51 marathoner. Six years ago, Carrie was four months postpartum and ran her first marathon in an astonishing time of 3:02. She made a goal to someday run a sub-3:00 marathon, and this was her year. On this episode, the Minnesota native and host of C Tolle Run talks about her somewhat unconventional training methods, why this was the time to pursue her marathon dreams, and what it meant to her to race in a Brave Like Gabe singlet.
Thank you to Generation UCAN for sponsoring this episode of Ali on the Run Show! Click here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your order, plus free shipping. (First-time buyers, check out the UCAN Run Starter Pack here, and get 50 percent off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Carrie breaks down her 2:51 at the Twin Cities Marathon, and shares why she decided to run a marathon this year (5:35)
- Why Carrie says her race was “surprising” to her (12:00)
- What it meant to Carrie to run in a Brave Like Gabe singlet (18:15)
- Where does Carrie see herself in the sport right now? And where does she want to be and go? (28:30)
- What a day in Carrie’s life looks like, and when she gets her runs in (38:45)
- How Carrie got into broadcasting (44:30)
- Carrie revists her list of goals from two years ago! (1:04:04)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!