Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- EPISODE 200! Thrilled to welcome brand new Olympic Trials Qualifier @Starla_shines to the Ali on the Run Show, tal… https://t.co/ahiqm0JPBH about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
Ali on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
“You deserve to be on that starting line. Believe in yourself and your training.”
Molly Bookmyer is a 2:44 marathoner who recently finished third in the U.S. 25K championships. But the road to an Olympic Trials qualifying time hasn’t been easy. On this episode, Molly shares her inspiring story of resilience and positivity. In 2013, Molly’s doctors found a brain tumor and needed to perform brain surgery to remove it. Then, she suffered a seizure while running on the treadmill, and had to have a second brain surgery. After recovering, getting healthy, and getting back on the run, Molly and her now-husband got married. But one week after returning from their honeymoon, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Molly is a force to be reckoned with, on the run and beyond.
Thank you to Generation UCAN for sponsoring the You Can Run a Marathon series on the Ali on the Run Show! Click here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your order, plus free shipping. (First-time buyers, check out the UCAN Run Starter Pack here, and get 50 percent off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Molly’s inspiring story (2:05)
- On leaning into running during difficult times (8:50)
- On grieving an injury and healing emotionally (12:15)
- What Molly’s work day looks like right now (15:20)
- Why the marathon? Plus, what Molly’s first marathon training cycle and race looked like (16:10)
- How Molly fuels for marathon training and racing (22:00)
- When Molly realized she had the potential to run an Olympic Trials qualifying time in the marathon (26:00)
- On training in Ohio’s ever-changing weather (34:10)
- What race week looks like for Molly (35:10)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!