Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- A beautiful piece about @ShalaneFlanagan's retirement, by @erinstrout for @WomensRunning! https://t.co/MroKJYnzsf 09:48:56 AM October 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s hard not to play the comparison game sometimes when it comes to running and social media. Every weekend morni… https://t.co/aM5H9M1OmL 07:34:45 PM October 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 02:45:55 PM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC 07:34:49 AM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Ali on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
“You deserve to be on that starting line. Believe in yourself and your training.”
Molly Bookmyer is a 2:44 marathoner who recently finished third in the U.S. 25K championships. But the road to an Olympic Trials qualifying time hasn’t been easy. On this episode, Molly shares her inspiring story of resilience and positivity. In 2013, Molly’s doctors found a brain tumor and needed to perform brain surgery to remove it. Then, she suffered a seizure while running on the treadmill, and had to have a second brain surgery. After recovering, getting healthy, and getting back on the run, Molly and her now-husband got married. But one week after returning from their honeymoon, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Molly is a force to be reckoned with, on the run and beyond.
Thank you to Generation UCAN for sponsoring the You Can Run a Marathon series on the Ali on the Run Show! Click here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your order, plus free shipping. (First-time buyers, check out the UCAN Run Starter Pack here, and get 50 percent off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Molly’s inspiring story (2:05)
- On leaning into running during difficult times (8:50)
- On grieving an injury and healing emotionally (12:15)
- What Molly’s work day looks like right now (15:20)
- Why the marathon? Plus, what Molly’s first marathon training cycle and race looked like (16:10)
- How Molly fuels for marathon training and racing (22:00)
- When Molly realized she had the potential to run an Olympic Trials qualifying time in the marathon (26:00)
- On training in Ohio’s ever-changing weather (34:10)
- What race week looks like for Molly (35:10)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!