Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- A beautiful piece about @ShalaneFlanagan's retirement, by @erinstrout for @WomensRunning! https://t.co/MroKJYnzsf 09:48:56 AM October 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s hard not to play the comparison game sometimes when it comes to running and social media. Every weekend morni… https://t.co/aM5H9M1OmL 07:34:45 PM October 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 02:45:55 PM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC 07:34:49 AM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Ali on the Run Show Episode 167: You Can Run a Marathon with Mo Alkhawaldeh
“You just have to show up. And I showed up.”
Not too long ago, Mo Alkhawaldeh was a casual smoker. Today, he’s a 2:23 marathoner with his sights set on representing his home country of Jordan in the 2020 Olympic Games. But although Mo is one of the top-ranked runners in the Middle East and Africa, he’s not a full-time runner: He works full-time at Princeton University, where he’s also the head coach of the Princeton Running Club. He gets his training done before and after work — elite marathoners, they’re just like us! In 2015, Runner’s World named Mo one of the 50 most influential people in running. Mo, who is coached by Ryan Hall, is currently training for the Berlin Marathon, where he hopes to run a 2:18.
Thank you to Generation UCAN for sponsoring the You Can Run a Marathon series on the Ali on the Run Show! Click here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your order, plus free shipping. (First-time buyers, check out the UCAN Run Starter Pack here, and get 50 percent off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Why running, and why the marathon for Mo (2:30)
- The sacrifices that come with training at a high — but not professional — level (11:30)
- How Mo stays healthy on the run (18:10)
- A day in Mo’s diet (19:50)
- What race week looks like for Mo (25:00)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!