Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Today was one of my all-time favorite days as a mom. @brian_cristiano surprised Annie and me with front-row tickets… https://t.co/Mxg9GHLE5a 06:56:01 PM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WOW! 🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/hsdwn31r95 10:12:49 AM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I’m at a loss for words because I’ve had like six glasses of champagne, but mostly, today is the best. This week ha… https://t.co/dh5NdfccI6 02:25:44 PM January 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: The best parts of my week. There were so many! https://t.co/J72EjfuQDn 11:41:22 AM January 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
- January 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
Ali on the Run Show Episode 167: You Can Run a Marathon with Mo Alkhawaldeh
“You just have to show up. And I showed up.”
Not too long ago, Mo Alkhawaldeh was a casual smoker. Today, he’s a 2:23 marathoner with his sights set on representing his home country of Jordan in the 2020 Olympic Games. But although Mo is one of the top-ranked runners in the Middle East and Africa, he’s not a full-time runner: He works full-time at Princeton University, where he’s also the head coach of the Princeton Running Club. He gets his training done before and after work — elite marathoners, they’re just like us! In 2015, Runner’s World named Mo one of the 50 most influential people in running. Mo, who is coached by Ryan Hall, is currently training for the Berlin Marathon, where he hopes to run a 2:18.
Thank you to Generation UCAN for sponsoring the You Can Run a Marathon series on the Ali on the Run Show! Click here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your order, plus free shipping. (First-time buyers, check out the UCAN Run Starter Pack here, and get 50 percent off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Why running, and why the marathon for Mo (2:30)
- The sacrifices that come with training at a high — but not professional — level (11:30)
- How Mo stays healthy on the run (18:10)
- A day in Mo’s diet (19:50)
- What race week looks like for Mo (25:00)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!