Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Feisty looking sky today! Perfectly suits my Monday morning mood, thanks to a killer career pep talk with… https://t.co/n3N43wos2f about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Family. Friends. Fitness. Fresh air. This weekend had all my favorite F-words. @ Palisades Interstate Park - Ross… https://t.co/iLzjZOUUIX about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Mom & Dad’s Night Out! Thrilled to be celebrating sammham & weinerdogbitit tonight at the most gorgeous wedding. (M… https://t.co/o6HNYXJIrR 06:17:41 PM November 09, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My girl. 💕 @ Weehawken, New Jersey https://t.co/Fj5wMIoynd 08:34:36 AM November 08, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
- October 28, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 184: Crohn's Disease and Motherhood with Natalie Hayden
- October 23, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 183: Stephanie Pennington, Creator of Project Finish
Ali on the Run Show Episode 164: Carrie Kreiswirth, Breast Cancer Survivor & Marathoner
“I was letting life pass me by. I had just gone through all of this insanity, and I wasn’t really a participant in my own life. How could I let that happen?”
I first met Carrie Kreiswirth in 2011, when a marketing campaign for a local running store brought us together. Several years later, I saw a photo of Carrie on Facebook. She was bald. What had I missed? In the time since we met, Carrie had tested positive for the BRCA1 gene mutation — the one that raises the probability of developing breast and ovarian cancer — and was diagnosed with stage one triple negative invasive ductal carcinoma. Breast cancer. She underwent chemotherapy and breast reconstruction surgery. She went through the process of having her eggs frozen. And then, the self-proclaimed “non-runner” ran the New York City Marathon. This is a powerful, emotional, and inspirational episode.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Carrie shares her breast cancer story, starting from diagnosis (4:50)
- What chemotherapy — and losing her hair — was like, and the aftermath (23:40)
- How Carrie took back control of her life (32:40)
- How Carrie celebrated five years since her cancer diagnosis (42:45)
- Carrie’s message to women facing a scary diagnosis or life change (55:45)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!