Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Ali on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
“It’s still really unreal to me that I get paid to run. Running is something that I would do anyway. It’s not a job, it’s just a good time!”
It’s been a big summer for Allie Ostrander. The Alaska native graduated from Boise State University, signed her first professional running contract with Brooks Running, and made her pro debut at USA Track & Field Nationals, where she finished fourth in the 3000m steeplechase, landing her a spot on the U.S. team headed to world championships in Doha next month. On this episode, Allie talks about the process of going pro, how she became a steeplechaser, what her first pro race was like, and what’s next.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Allie recaps her fourth-place finish at USATF Nationals (3:00)
- What Allie’s training will look like between now and the world championships in Doha in September (7:30)
- Allie’s decision to go pro, and why she chose to sign with Brooks Running (9:20)
- Allie talks about her life on the trails (17:00)
- What the transition from college to pro life has been like so far, and what Allie is most looking forward to with her new pro lifestyle (19:20)
- Allie reflects on her road to going pro (26:00)
- On that viral Instagram post (29:40)
- Why the steeplechase? (38:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!