Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My gift to myself for surviving my first year of motherhood was the gift of family photos — taken by the same perso… https://t.co/BSf4zcicWd 07:33:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Last year, Carly Gill fell just two minutes short of her goal of qualifying for the Olympic Marathon Trials. On thi… https://t.co/4shPKggSF2 06:31:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Ali on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
“I’m wearing these massive pads that are like six inches deep and waddling around the house. I think I thought the first week would be rough. But it was a month out and I’m still rocking these massive pads. I was never told about that.”
Every week on these Motherhood Mondays episodes, I’ve asked my guests, “Who’s in your village?” I feel so lucky to be able to say that the two women on today’s show — Laura Green and Julia Berteletti — are in my village. Laura lives in Boston, and is mom to 10-month-old Jack. She’s a part-time physical therapist and the “community boss” for November Project, and is “very creative” about how she gets her work hours in while Jack does a part-time nanny share. Julia lives in Denver, CO, is mom to 8-month-old Max, and works full-time in an office while Max is in daycare. On this episode, we talk like we do every day, sharing perhaps too much about everything from breastfeeding, identity loss, and body image, to giving birth, relationships, emotional labor, and that first postpartum poop. We also talk about schedule-related anxiety, postpartum running, and guilt.
Thank you to Sweaty Betty for sponsoring Motherhood Mondays on the Ali on the Run Show! Go to sweatybetty.com and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your purchase.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Getting to know Laura (3:00)
- Getting to know Julia (8:20)
- Breastfeeding and boob stuff (13:20)
- How prepared did we feel for the postpartum period? (21:47)
- Relationship stuff (35:00)
- On postpartum running and body image (55:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!