Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC about 15 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My gift to myself for surviving my first year of motherhood was the gift of family photos — taken by the same perso… https://t.co/BSf4zcicWd 07:33:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Last year, Carly Gill fell just two minutes short of her goal of qualifying for the Olympic Marathon Trials. On thi… https://t.co/4shPKggSF2 06:31:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Ali on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
“It’s not sexy, but all the little teeny tiny things add up. Invest in recovery, nutrition, and sleep. That’s where you’re going to see the big gains — even though it’s not as much fun to put on Instagram. You’ll see it pay off.”
Sarah “Mac” Robinson is an elite runner, mom of two, and freelance brand storyteller. On this episode, she gets very candid about how her life — on the run and beyond — has changed since becoming a mom. She opens up about her experience with postpartum depression and anxiety, what life on medication has been like, and the stigmas surrounding postpartum mental health. She also talks about how she landed an Olympic Trials qualifying time in the marathon in 2016, what the road there was like, and what’s next in her running life.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Sarah’s experience with postpartum anxiety and Zoloft (3:15)
- Sarah’s running story — the high highs and low lows (20:10)
- On trying — and trying again and again — to qualify for the U.S. Olympic Trials in the marathon (24:30)
- On body image as an elite runner, both before and after having kids, and “skinny privilege” (34:10)
- What Sarah’s running looks like these days (37:00)
- Sarah’s career, how she found Oiselle, and what she’s up to professionally (42:20)
- Sarah’s messages to moms and to runners working on big goals (51:40)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!