Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Super cool Ali on the Run Show shout-out today in @engadget! (Thanks so much for the kind words and love,… https://t.co/YBdX6DTjq3 about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Annie was born on a sunny Tuesday morning, at exactly 39 weeks. Today, on another sunny Tuesday, she’s exactly 39 w… https://t.co/UhQ1Sk9uHn about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
- July 2, 2019 by AliLife Lately
- June 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 154: Motherhood Mondays with Hitha Palepu, on Postpartum Depression, Breaking Points, & Parenting Unapologetically
Ali on the Run Show Episode 147: Jess Movold, Running & Strength Coach
“He said, ‘I get it. The mountain’s too steep.’ And I said, ‘No. It’s just the wrong mountain.’”
Jess Movold is perhaps best known as the super positive, super uplifting, super kind and empowering run and strength coach at Mile High Run Club and The Fortitude Strength Club in NYC. She’s the current face of Runner’s World (check her out on the cover!), and is the official “Runner’s World Coach.” So surely the 3:13 marathoner and 1:29 half marathoner from Missouri always envisioned this über-fit life for herself, right? Not quite. Jess began her career in the fashion industry, and she has stories that rival the ones in The Devil Wears Prada. On this episode, she shares her journey from high fashion to ultramarathons, and it’s one that’s packed with endearing and hilarious stories along the way — including the best “nothing new on race day” story I’ve ever heard. Up next: Jess wants to break three hours at the Berlin Marathon.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How it feels to see herself on the cover of Runner’s World (2:55)
- How Jess got her start in the fashion industry — and found running along the way (7:00)
- The crazy stories about what being an executive assistant in the high-fashion industry looked like for Jess (31:00)
- Why Jess left the fashion industry and went all-in on fitness instead (41:15)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!