Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- With the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials just 11 days away (!!!), here are some of my favorite people to follow for gr… https://t.co/iJmsBCGB1D 08:26:37 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 01:37:33 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: Olympic Trials live show information + all the past Ali on the Run Show guests who will be running! https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 09:46:54 AM February 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Valentine's Day! Love, the Ali on the Run Show — and @karagoucher & @Adam_Goucher! It's the fifth and final e… https://t.co/zSYFru5ccV 08:19:43 AM February 14, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- February 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 209: Catching Up with Andrea Barber
- February 17, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Live in Atlanta + Runners to Watch at the Olympic Marathon Trials
- February 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 208: Love on the Run Week with Kara & Adam Goucher
- February 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 207: Love on the Run Week with Gwen Jorgensen & Pat Lemieux
- February 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 206: Love on the Run Week with Steph & Ben Bruce
Ali on the Run Show Episode 103: Lauren Fleshman
“I hope I’m always willing to be wrong, willing to learn, and able to get better.” —Lauren Fleshman
Lauren Fleshman is many things: She’s a retired professional runner, a coach, the co-founder of Picky Bars, the co-creator of the Believe training journals, the creator of the Wilder retreat, one of the faces of Oiselle, a vocal USA Track & Field board member, a co-host of the Work, Play, Love podcast, wife to professional triathlete Jesse Thomas, and mom to Jude and Zadie. Phew! On this episode, Lauren talks about all of it, including her journey to becoming an entrepreneur, her honest thoughts on body image, and the real effect having kids had on her marriage. This is a fun, no-holds-barred conversation with one of the leading voices in the running industry.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What takes up the majority of Lauren’s time right now (2:00)
- How Lauren became a professional runner (3:35)
- Lauren reflects on her favorite race distance and her decision to stop competing professionally (10:00)
- How having children affected Lauren’s career, and what running was like for her during and after pregnancy, plus how becoming a mom changed her as an athlete (13:00)
- Whether Lauren has always been confident speaking up and using her voice, and how she developed that confidence (23:00)
- Lauren talks about what she sees as the biggest problems facing professional runners right now, and what makes her want to speak up the loudest (28:45)
- What Lauren would tell a 16-year-old runner who wants to go pro (33:30)
- How Lauren became an entrepreneur, and the evolution of Picky Bars (36:00)
- How Lauren got involved with Oiselle, what her role is with the company now, and where she sees the company going (43:20)
- How Lauren met her now-husband, Jesse Thomas, and what their relationship is really like — plus the struggles they’ve faced together since having kids (52:30)
- What Lauren’s relationship with her body is like right now, and what she wants more people to feel about their own bodies (1:03.15)
What we mention on this episode:
“10 Reasons the 5K is Freaking Awesome” via Runner’s World
“Welcome to the New School” via Oiselle
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!