Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- EPISODE 200! Thrilled to welcome brand new Olympic Trials Qualifier @Starla_shines to the Ali on the Run Show, tal… https://t.co/ahiqm0JPBH about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
Ali on the Run Show Episode 88: What's New With You Week with Allie Kieffer
“Expectations obviously are higher now. But I put them on myself.” —Allie Kieffer
When Allie Kieffer was on Episode 46 of the Ali on the Run Show last November, she was fresh off a fifth-place finish at the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon. Her 2:29 finish was triumphant: She was this unknown, unsponsored runner from Buffalo, NY, who happened to be the first American woman to finish behind winner Shalane Flanagan. Now, Allie is no longer unknown or unsponsored. She signed with Oiselle soon after NYC, trained in Kenya for seven weeks, and recently moved to Boulder, CO, where she’s gearing up to return to the New York City Marathon.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring What’s New With You Week on the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Allie reflects on the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon and how it impacted her career (2:15)
- Allie’s best advice for moving past a bad race or workout (6:05)
- How Allie became a sponsored runner, thanks to Oiselle, what the signing process entailed, and what her sponsorship agreement looks like (7:20)
- Whether becoming a well-known, in-the-public-eye runner after the 2017 NYC Marathon was stressful or motivating for Allie (13:40)
- What training in Kenya was like — and how Allie ended up there in the first place (15:30)
- How Allie coped emotionally after going from being in the best shape of her life to having a stress fracture and being totally sidelined (22:10)
- Why Allie traded Buffalo for Boulder (28:00)
- Allie opens up about how she became an advocate for body positivity, and her relationship with her body and race times (31:15)
- What’s next for Allie Kieffer (37:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!