Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 77: The Live Show!
“In order to find out what you can do, you have to show up. Give yourself a chance and see what happens.” —Desiree Linden
When I launched the Ali on the Run Show in February 2017, I knew right away I wanted to eventually host live events. I love sharing conversations on this show every week, but human, in-real-life connection is so powerful. I wanted to have those conversations with a live audience. It was a dream in 2017, and on June 2 at the Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter — alongside Meb Keflezighi, Andrea Barber, Chris Heuisler, and Des Linden — it became a reality. Here’s the full episode. (And here’s a recap from San Diego.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Why Meb Keflezighi is, according to Chris Heuisler, like Mr. Miyagi (5:20)
- How everyone on the panel knows each other (6:00)
- What brought everyone to running — and what keeps them running (8:40)
- Andrea isn’t a fan of red carpets, but she was happy to do this live show — here’s why (11:00)
- The sacrifices Meb, Andrea, and Chris all had to make throughout their careers and lives, in running and beyond (12:10)
- What Meb’s retirement looks like (15:00)
- “When it comes to running, how do you get your family to get it?” (21:30)
- Meb, Andrea, and Chris open up about their insecurities, how they developed their confidence, and mental health (25:45)
- How Meb’s identity has changed since retirement, and what it’s like to show up to a race when you’re not there to win (32:20)
- “Do you have any haters?” (36:00)
- Listener Q&A: Meb’s tips for mastering mental toughness, and everyone shares their favorite spot for a long run (40:30)
- Sprint to the Finish — with a surprise guest! (44:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!