Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Today was one of my all-time favorite days as a mom. @brian_cristiano surprised Annie and me with front-row tickets… https://t.co/Mxg9GHLE5a 06:56:01 PM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WOW! 🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/hsdwn31r95 10:12:49 AM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I’m at a loss for words because I’ve had like six glasses of champagne, but mostly, today is the best. This week ha… https://t.co/dh5NdfccI6 02:25:44 PM January 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: The best parts of my week. There were so many! https://t.co/J72EjfuQDn 11:41:22 AM January 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
- January 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
Ali on the Run Show Episode 67: Tina Muir, Host of the Running For Real Podcast
“I’m trying not to call it a comeback because I’m a completely different person now.” —Tina Muir
Tina Muir is an elite runner from England (she’s a 2:36 marathoner!), a new mom, and the host of the Running For Real podcast. Tina went viral last year when she announced her surprising decision to stop running. Her reason: She hadn’t had her period in nine years. Tina opened up about her struggle with amenorrhea and her desire to start a family, and on this episode she explains why she decided to share her story, what it was like going viral and having People magazine write about her period, and what she was afraid people would think about her. Tina also discusses body dysmorphia, how she handled intentionally gaining weight, her eventual pregnancy, and how giving birth compares to running a marathon. Check out Running For Real in a few weeks, when I’ll be Tina’s guest!
This episode is brought to you by Strava, the leading social network for athletes. Click here to join today, and then enter for your chance to win a 2018 TCS New York City Marathon entry and a $500 travel stipend!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What it means to be a professional runner, and how Tina made it work after college (3:30)
- Why Tina decided to stop running (6:50)
- Tina’s journey with amenorrhea (11:40)
- The steps Tina took to try and beat her amenorrhea (17:50)
- Why Tina shared her story when she did (20:00)
- What it was actually like setting out to gain weight, and how Tina dealt with it emotionally (22:30)
- Tina’s timeline: How long it took from when she stopped running to when she got pregnant (28:45)
- Why Tina decided to start running again at six weeks pregnant, and how running went throughout her pregnancy (33:50)
- How Tina approached childbirth with the same mentality as running a marathon (37:00)
- Tina’s triumphant return to running after having a baby — and whether she’s worried about amenorrhea striking again (39:00)
- How Tina got into podcasting (42:55)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!