Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- A beautiful piece about @ShalaneFlanagan's retirement, by @erinstrout for @WomensRunning! https://t.co/MroKJYnzsf 09:48:56 AM October 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s hard not to play the comparison game sometimes when it comes to running and social media. Every weekend morni… https://t.co/aM5H9M1OmL 07:34:45 PM October 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 02:45:55 PM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC 07:34:49 AM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Ali on the Run Show Episode 66: Boston Marathon Talk with Molly Huddle
“I’m bringing the track speed to the marathon.” —Molly Huddle
On April 16, professional runner Molly Huddle will be among a strong field of indomitable American women racing the Boston Marathon. This will only be Molly’s second marathon: She made her 26.2-mile debut at the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon. On this episode, Molly, who is from Rhode Island and chatted with me from Arizona, shares all things Boston: how her training has been going, what she’s excited about, what she’s nervous about, and what she learned from her first marathon that she’ll take with her into her second. Plus, she answers the question I’ve always wanted to ask: How in the world do pro runners grab their water bottles off those tables mid-race without slowing down, missing a bottle, grabbing someone else’s bottle, or dropping a bottle?
What you’ll get in this episode:
- How Molly’s feeling a month out from Boston, and how this training cycle has been different from her NYC Marathon training (1:50)
- How fast Molly runs her track workouts and how slow she runs her recovery runs (3:30)
- Molly reflects on setting a new American half-marathon world record in Houston in January (5:00)
- Molly shares the high and low points of Boston Marathon training so far (6:45)
- What Molly’s weekly mileage will peak at leading up to Boston (8:50)
- Molly’s taper strategy, and her thoughts on tapering (9:15)
- Molly’s Boston fueling strategy (11:35)
- The greatest lesson Molly says she learned from her first marathon (14:45)
- What Molly has that the rest of the American women don’t (15:45)
- What race week will look like for Molly (18:50)
- Molly shares her Boston Marathon goals (23:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!