Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
Ali on the Run Show Episode 58: Theodora Blanchfield of Preppy Runner
“It was this weird moment of knowing I was on the precipice of my entire life being about to change. And that was terrifying. The moment I had been the most scared of my entire life was about to come, but somehow I would be OK.”
Theodora Blanchfield is the creator of the blog Preppy Runner — formerly Losing Weight in the City — and is a social media maven, digital content strategist, writer, and marathoner living in New York City. On this episode, she talks going from overweight and unhappy to losing 50 pounds to eventually running seven marathons and more than 30 half marathons. Plus, she opens up about the past year, which involved losing her mother to ovarian cancer and exploring the grief process that followed.
Here’s what you’ll get in this episode:
- How Theodora got into blogging & her career story (3:00)
- How Theodora kicked off her fitness and weight-loss journey — including the game-changing bet she made with her mom (5:30)
- Exactly what helped Theodora lose 50 pounds (14:40)
- When and how Theodora’s blog, Losing Weight in the City, became popular (16:00)
- How Theodora got her start in digital media — and what that actually means (18:00)
- What happened when Theodora landed her dream job (20:45)
- How Theodora started running — and eventually running marathons (21:00)
- Why Theodora left her dream job, and what she’s up to now (24:45)
- Theodora’s story about her mom passing away from ovarian cancer last year (27:20)
- The grief process (50:15)
- The role running and therapy played during the grief process (54:30)
What We Mention on this Episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!