Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
- September 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 177: You Can Run a Marathon Q&A with Greg McMillan & Dr. Cathy Yeckel
- September 25, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 176: Megan Harrington, Creator of The Runner's Kitchen
Ali on the Run Show Episode 40: Dr. Leah Lagos, Clinical Sport & Performance Psychologist
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Dr. Leah Lagos
Dr. Leah Lagos is a clinical sport and performance psychologist in New York City. On this episode, we talk about mind and body training, the evolution of sports psychology, and performance anxiety. Dr. Lagos explains why she thinks I’m “physiologically gifted” — and why that’s a good thing — and shares what Meb Keflezighi told her he was thinking during his historic 2014 Boston Marathon win. She also talks about how to mentally prepare yourself for a goal race, and how to bounce back if it doesn’t go the way you had hoped. (Spoiler: She doesn’t want you to dismiss your feelings of disappointment!) Plus, Dr. Lagos talks about exercise addiction and the role social media plays when it comes to athletes and mental health.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Follow Dr. Lagos:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!