Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 269: Ali & the Experts with Laura Parrott, Career Coach
- August 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 268: Jenny Simpson
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
Ali on the Run Show Episode 27: Meggie Smith, MD, Chief Resident in OB-GYN at NYU Langone Medical Center
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Meggie Smith
Meggie Smith is a chief resident in OB-GYN at the NYU Langone Medical Center in New York City, and is working to be a reproductive endocrinologist and reproductive specialist. (“I want to help women have babies,” she says.) We met when Meggie was in medical school, and now she delivers babies and performs risky surgeries as part of her job. On this episode, Meggie — a former tennis player and run-hater-turned-marathoner — talks about what it was like working at NYU when Hurricane Sandy hit, shares why she chose NYU (hint: it involves the Olsen twins), and talks about how she managed to run a Boston Qualifying marathon time while working 80-hour weeks. She opens up about “going into survival mode” at work, the first time she delivered a baby, and the very tragic — but very real — parts of her job. This summer, Meggie is headed west! Cheer her on as she finishes up her residency and heads to the University of Southern California to start a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!
Posted in Podcast: The Ali on the Run Show and tagged 16 Handles, Ali on the Run Show, Doctor, Eugene Marathon, Insight Timer, Lauren Fleshman, Meggie Smith, New York City Marathon, NYRR New York Mini 10K, NYU Langone Medical Center, OB-GYN, Oiselle, Philadelphia Half Marathon, Picky Bars, Podcast, Shape Women’s Half-Marathon, Stephanie Rothstein Bruce, UAE Healthy Kidney 10K-