Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 23: Lauren Conkey, 3:18 Marathoner, Mother & Public Health Advocate
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Lauren Conkey
Lauren Conkey is 3:18 marathoner, vegetarian, and mom to two girls, Amelia (3) and Mabel (8 months). She’s the blogger behind the now-retired Health on the Run, and lives in Rhode Island, where she works in public health — and on this episode we find out what that actually means and what her job entails. Lauren and I have been friends for years — an internet friendship success story! — so I wanted to use this episode to catch up on her life, her running, and how life has changed since having two kids (spoiler: it’s changed a lot). Lauren shares how she got started running — a story that involves her runner dad convincing her to run a mile on a track so she could stay up until midnight on New Year’s Eve — and went on to shave 20 minutes off her marathon time, and gets personal talking about running before, during, and after her pregnancies. She also opens up about her recent miscarriage and how she returned to running afterward. You don’t have to have kids to appreciate Lauren’s wise words and reflections on life as a runner mom!
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!