Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- A beautiful piece about @ShalaneFlanagan's retirement, by @erinstrout for @WomensRunning! https://t.co/MroKJYnzsf 09:48:56 AM October 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s hard not to play the comparison game sometimes when it comes to running and social media. Every weekend morni… https://t.co/aM5H9M1OmL 07:34:45 PM October 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 02:45:55 PM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC 07:34:49 AM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Ali on the Run Show Episode 16: What We Were Clueless About as New Runners
The Ali on the Run Show
10 Things We Were Clueless About as New Runners
Guest: Lucy Wallace
We were all new runners once! On this episode, Lucy Wallace and I look back on all the things we didn’t know or understand when we first started running, from shoes and sports watches to race etiquette. Here are a few highlights:
At 4:30, Lucy says: “I Googled ‘shoes that are good for not running.’ The only thing I cared about was colors. I wanted them to be bright.”
At 7:15, Ali says: “The only place on my body that hasn’t chafed is the little wrinkles in my forehead… The most emotional part of running is the post-run shower.”
At 11:10, Ali says: “I woke up one morning in ninth grade and after all those years of wishing on the first star I see at night for boobs, I got them. Literally overnight.”
At 16:00, Ali says: “This seems like a good pre-race dinner because it only cost $1.99!”
At 17:55, Lucy says: “I’m doing a service to this race course by listening to Justin Bieber’s entire Purpose album right now.”
Things We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!