Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 12: Thoughts We Had During Our First Half Marathons
The Ali on the Run Show
10 Thoughts We Had During Our First Half Marathons
Guest: Lucy Wallace
On this episode, my friend Lucy Wallace and I share some of our most vivid memories from each of our first half marathons. A few highlights…
At 5:03, Ali says: “I definitely remember choking, gagging, and slightly dry-heaving on the side of the course because the water stop was not conducive to my running pace.”
At 5:54, Lucy says: “It’s kinda like when I used to eat five Gushers at a time in third grade.”
At 8:00, Lucy says: “I know that smart runners will tell you it’s important to train in all conditions—stick with your training plan no matter what. I did not do that.”
At 11:25, Lucy says: “It is impossible to be lying on the ground at mile 10 of your first half marathon and then jump back into the race and expect to just be flying as you were all the way to the finish. It was painful. It was a struggle. I’m surprised actually and kind of offended the medics didn’t come over to look at me while I was in the grass on the side of the road. Don’t do yoga in the middle of a half marathon.”
At 12:30, Ali says: “I’m broken, I’m walking, it’s hot, I’m dying, everything hurts, this was terrible.”
At 13:50, Lucy says: “I’m broken. The blood blisters on my feet are killing me. I think I might actually be bleeding on my inner thighs from this chafing.”
Races we mention:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!
Posted in Podcast: The Ali on the Run Show and tagged Airbnb Brooklyn Half, Ali on the Run Show, Central Park, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation, Half Marathons, Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon, New York Road Runners, November Project, NYRR, Podcast, Racing, Run, Runners, Running, Team Challenge, Training, Yoga-