Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Loved hearing from @tracksmith head of communications, @leeglandorf, on the Ali on the Run Show today. (Bonus episo… https://t.co/k3t8WhQiNR 06:44:10 AM May 22, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I was at the cross-section of a couple different identities that people didn’t quite understand.” Really love tod… https://t.co/e5sfK9l0Zm 06:27:20 AM May 21, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
- May 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 237: A Message & A Promise From Ali
- May 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 236: Izzy Seidel, Tracksmith Marketing & Communications Associate
What I'm Watching, Writing, Reading, Eating, Loving, & Listening To Lately
First, here’s a picture of Ellie. She’s sad that I never got around to a Fridays With Ellie post last week.
Now, here’s a bit of life lately…
Feeling: Good! Healthy! I’m feeling pretty tired on account of these seemingly never-ending seasonal allergies (enough is enough), but other than that I’m excited for a busy, hopefully productive week ahead. I could really use a massage at some point, though.
Adventuring: As much as possible! I’m loving having a car out here in West New York, NJ. The weather was pretty crappy this weekend so our only adventures were to IKEA (yes, again), Home Depot (twice), and Ruby Tuesday (I can’t help loving that salad bar…).
But over Memorial Day Weekend, we went on little day trips to South Mountain Reservation and Harriman State Park, where we went for a hike and got totally lost in the woods and I thought we were going to die and never find our way back to the car, but we survived and Brian says I’m “being really dramatic.”
Sweating: A little running. Nothing too hard right now, though I am running the Mini 10K this weekend for the first time since 2011. Plus a little yoga, and a push-up every time Ellie kicks her tennis ball(s) underneath the couch and needs me to get it out for her.
Seeing: Lots of NJ celebs lately! I live next door to Jeremy Jordan (he played Jack Kelly in Newsies on Broadway, was on Smash, and is now in Supergirl), and our puppies sometimes kiss when we’re out for walks. He’s an absolute hunk. (Name that TV show.) And the other day, I saw Natalie Morales while I was out for a run. We passed each other twice and I said, “Natalie, you’re my favorite!” Dinner party with Natalie and me TBD.
Watching: Nothing, because all the shows are on hiatus now. But I keep hearing about this show UnREAL. Does anyone watch it? I’ve never seen The Bachelor or The Bachelorette and I think UnREAL is loosely based off those — or at least it’s a mockery or dramatization of them — but people seem excited about it, so maybe that’ll be my new pre-bedtime show? (Because that’s just what I need…)
Oh and this, which is so funny but also true but also funny and sadly true.
Listening to: Lindsey Hein‘s podcast, I’ll Have Another. I’ve followed Lindsey on social media for a few years and I’ve always thought she seemed super cool. (AKA in my head we are BFF, she just doesn’t know it yet.) I had never listened to a podcast before, but people have been raving about hers, so I decided to give it a shot during a run last weekend. Now I’m hooked! Lindsey is so fun to listen to, and I love her voice and she’s just so natural and cool and maybe listening to podcasts while I run will be my new thing? (So, any you recommend? I’m new.)
Reading: This important piece, which you’ve probably seen by now. Don’t think, “Wow, that looks really long, I’ll just skim it.” Read the entire thing. It’s important, incredibly written, thought-provoking, scary, shocking (seriously, that judge…), disappointing, upsetting, moving, brave — it hits all the emotions. Just read it if you haven’t already.
And on a lighter note…
- This piece, which made me LOL, especially at #2, #7, #11, and #12.
- I don’t have any tattoos, but this also made me LOLOLOL. Mostly #7 and #8.
- This, which restored some of my faith in humanity. But not enough. (Why is everyone elsewhere on the internet so mean?)
Writing: Non-stop (a la Alexander Hamilton). FitnessMagazine.com recently launched a new, all-things-running channel, and I highly encourage you to check it out. You’ll see a familiar byline all over it. I’m excited about the new channel and am eager to see where we can go with it. (And if you have an awesome, unique, exciting, relatable, life-changing, funny, must-share running story, let me know — let’s tell it to the world!) Here are a few of my favorite posts so far:
- 17 Ways to Make Your Next Run More Fun
- 18 Running Moments Worth Celebrating
- 22 Ways to Get Faster
- Surprise! 8 Things You May Not Expect From Your First Race
- 11 Mantras That Will Get You Through Any Run
- Why I Run Naked
Loving: Doing more yoga.
And my new summer bag.
Eating: Better! Effective today. I haven’t done my full meal planning/grocery shopping extravaganza yet, but I’m hoping to make that happen tonight. I have some ideas. I’m excited. I’m ready to start feeling better. And from the bottom of my hungry heart and stomach, thank you for all the really wonderful ideas and suggestions! You are the best. Be my friend. Come to New Jersey.
Also fruit salad. So much fruit salad. Watermelon + cantaloupe + strawberries. Oh baby.
Traveling: To Pennsylvania in three weeks for a big Feller family get-together. I’m excited to get to see my parents and Tyler and Abby again, and for Ellie to get to reunite with her puppy cousin, Ranger. They’ll get to go in my aunt and uncle’s pool together! The only other travel plans on the agenda are the usual trip to Vermont over Labor Day for Brian’s bike race. And hopefully a little something to celebrate our anniversary which, holy crap, will be coming right up in September.
That’s all for now. Monday, activate!
WHAT’S UP WITH YOU? What shows are you loving? What podcasts do you listen to? Where are you traveling this summer? Do you want to have a pool party with me?