Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I had a lovely conversation with my BFF mikeannebailey this morning. We were talking about the inevitable stress of… https://t.co/58v804pz8U about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Holy crap, I don't think I blinked for 13 minutes straight watching this. Iconic, @JLo. https://t.co/OONRHOV6tq about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 192: Adrianne Haslet, Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor
- November 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 191: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 190: Sarah True, Olympian & Ironman Triathlete
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
A Very Ellie Update
Well…this was bound to happen.
This may as well be Ellie On The Run at this point.
But since I take 600 photos of Ellie a day and exercise serious restraint by only posting one or two per day, I thought, “Hey, why not share a bunch here for the two people who are just dying to see even more of our little pup?!”
If you’re not a dog person — well first, I’m shocked you’ve stuck around this long! — fear not. I’m running again, and I have a little “blog challenge” for myself coming up, so I promise it’s not going to be all-Ellie-all-the-time for too much longer. (File under “Lies I Tell Myself” and under “Lies I Just Told Other People.”)
Anyway, a few Ellie updates…
1. We know what she is! When we adopted Ellie, the nice but not-so-sure people told us Ellie was a “golden mix.” A rarity at shelters! A unique species! A combination of cute and brilliant! Equal parts precious and mysterious!
We’ve always thought she was definitely part labrador, and at times thought she had some pitbull in her, too. I also thought boxer, because she has a wild underbite and uses her paws a lot, like a boxer. (I don’t know if that actually has anything to do with the “boxer” breed, but I think it makes sense.)
Now, thanks to science, we know what Ellie is!
So basically, she’s a mutt. Exactly what we thought. Also I call her Chow-Chow now, which is fun for everyone.
2. I love her.
3. She is perfect.
4. Soon she will be my only friend, because I don’t talk about anything else, and I guess not everyone cares about my dog just like not everyone cares about other peoples’ kids and babies and stuff. (Don’t worry. I care about your kids. I love your kids. They’re potty-trained, right?)
5. I keep a list in my phone of the weird things Brian and I will randomly call Ellie. It starts like this…
- Ellie Girl
- Ellie Belly
- Ells Bells
And then it devolves into this…
- Ronda Rousey
- Slippery Sleeve
- Sherman Sharif
- Lamb Steak
- Westwood One
- Wiz Khalifa
- Pup and Circumstance
- DJ Skribble
- Credit Suisse
- Programmatic Advertising
The first list is mine. The second list is Brian’s.
In conclusion, here are 381 more photos of Ellie over time, because she has grown at a fast and furious rate, and I can barely scoop her up anymore. Brian can still pick her up, though, so that’s good. He can’t pick me up. That’s OK.
First, let’s start with photos of Ellie’s precious underbite…
Here is a series of Ellie enjoying her favorite place: Central Park!
Now how about some pictures of Ellie sleeping?
And here’s how much Ellie loved playing in the snow the past few days…
Finally, here is Ellie just being cute.
Now I will calm down with the Ellie photos.
(If you somehow haven’t had enough, I’m @AliOnTheRun1 on Instagram and Snapchat. There’s lots more where all this came from.)
Have a great day!