Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 263: Hawi Keflezighi, Founder & CEO of HAWI Management
- July 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 262: On the Record with Chris Chavez, Host of the Citius Mag and Runners of NYC Podcasts
- July 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 261: Jess Sims, Peloton Instructor
- July 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 260: On the Job with United States Air Force Colonel Shelly Mendieta
- July 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 259: On the Record with the Hosts of Keeping Track
Thankful Things Thursday: Sleep, Sweat Shirts & Marathon Movies
Hi. Good morning.
I have a lot to be thankful for today so let’s not waste any time.
I’m thankful for sleep. One of my marathon taper goals was to get more sleep. Apparently I decided to get all of it last night. I went to bed at 9:30 pm and woke up this morning right around 8 am. Oops. But it felt really good.
I’m thankful for a delicious dinner. Scallops, spinach, broccoli and sweet potato fries. All homemade by someone else. Fantastic.
I’m thankful Mrs. Coach Cane is coming to the Hamptons Marathon! By now you are probably well aware of my love for Coach Cane’s wife. She is super cool and very nice and also happens to be seven months pregnant.
She wrote this in an email to me yesterday: “Will do my best to PR rather than run a lap short in the pregnancy race.” She makes me laugh.
Mrs. Coach Cane let me know that she will, in fact, be in the Hamptons for the race, which for some reason makes me feel more relaxed about the whole thing. She also gave me some coach-y advice: “You don’t have anything to worry about. You’ve done everything your coach asked. And remember that you are supposed to be nervous. That’s par for the course. It’s exciting though. Don’t forget that part.”
I’m thankful I’m racing pressure-free this weekend. As much as I would love to race my little heart out at Saturday’s Fitness 4-Mile race, I do love knowing that there’s absolutely no pressure on me to PR or break records. You know, because normally I win these things.
With the marathon a week away, this race is purely for fun. I’m excited to run with my coworker and be there for her when she crosses her very first finish line.
I’m thankful your Sweat shirts are on their way. I spent a few hours addressing envelopes the other night, and yesterday the wonderful ladies at JackRabbit Sports packed them up and shipped them out.
I’m thankful more Sweat shirts are coming! Yup. I’m ordering more. Here’s a bit more information about the next round of shirt orders:
- Women’s shirts will be available in Aqua, Purple & Coral.
- Men’s shirts are available in Dark Blue!
- Shipping will take 3–4 weeks.
- We are still not offering international shipping because of the high cost of shipping, but if you’re an international awesome person and you really want one, email me and we’ll see what we can do. Because I like you.
- Shirts will only be available online. They will not be in stores.
- There is no charge for shipping. You’re welcome.
- You are required to send me a photo of yourself wearing the shirt. Bonus points if you get your photo posted on Glamour.com wearing the shirt.
- All the shirts need to be sold by September 24. That’s my fundraising deadline.
- I like you very much.
I’m thankful for your movie recommendations. Yesterday I asked this:
Not surprisingly, I got tons of great recommendations, so thank you!
I currently have Saint Ralph and Spirit of the Marathon in my possession and I plan to watch them immediately. Thanks for your help, friends!
I’m thankful for Starburst FaveReds. I love Starburst. I used to buy big packages of them but I only eat the reds and pinks, so the sad little oranges and yellows would go to waste…or to unlucky coworkers. I refuse to share my good flavors.
But now Starburst makes these handy little all-red packages, which is great. The flavors include watermelon, cherry, strawberry and fruit punch. My mom recently sent me three boxes of them. Obviously necessary pre-marathon fuel.
I’m thankful for foam rolling. I will do it today. Promise.
I’m thankful for 10-day weather forecasts. With race-day on the horizon, I can officially start stalking the weather reports. So far so good!
I’m thankful for colorful markers. Thank you, Pentel, for making the very best ones that I have been using since second grade.
I’m thankful for apples. It’s officially apple-picking season. I better make it up to New Hampshire to visit my favorite place in the world, or else I will become Pissed Off Fall Ali very quickly.
Apple picking is my favorite fall activity and Gould Hill Orchard in Hopkinton, NH, is my favorite place in the world.
That’s my somewhat-short-and-sweet list of thankful thoughts for today.
NOW TELL ME YOURS: What’s got you all giddy and grateful at the moment?