Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
Battle of Brooklyn Kind Of Recap
I’m in Fire Island and I’m drinking loads o’ wine, so rather than giving you a play-by-play of today’s JackRabbit Sports Battle of Brooklyn 10-mile race (I’ll do that tomorrow), tonight I’ll simply leave you with a few photos and my blah-for-me finish time (1:26:something).
The race was tough for me. I played the mental “I can’t do this” battle, I struggled on the Prospect Park hills and I have officially mastered the art of positive splitting.
But also, Coach Cane ran the race — which is commemorative of the Revolutionary War — in full-on George Washington garb, musket and all.
My coach is the coolest.
So was it my best race?
Nope. Not even a little bit.
But was it fantastic seeing the other rabbits, a few familiar faces and two dazzling runners in “I Heart Sweat” shirts? You bet.
And now I’m off work for two days to enjoy the beach in Fire Island.
If you don’t hear from me, it’s because I’ve made a home for myself in the sand. Don’t be alarmed.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!