Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
I Love Sweat & The 1990s
I’ll be straight with you this morning: The only two things I am capable of thinking about of discussing are marathon training and Thursday’s Run For The Rabbit event.
I have a one track mind this week.
Or I guess…two track mind? Are marathon training and Run For The Rabbit two separate tracks? No.
Last night I went to the gym. It was uneventful. I took a Chisel class and was sooooo thrilled that the instructor decided to focus on “cardio and upper body” stuff. Perfect, since I’m totally not sore at all after TrapezeFest 2011.
I like that picture. It makes me feel badass.
But yeah, the copious amounts of bicep curls, hammer curls, fly curl things, overhead extensions, tricep presses, blah blah blah… I got through it, but it wasn’t pretty.
Also not pretty? The spin class I took afterward.
I get into the class and the room is really warm. Like uncomfortably warm, and I haven’t even hopped onto my trusty little bike yet.
Class begins, I pedal my heart out, and people start looking around suspiciously, wondering why the air conditioning isn’t on. One girl tried to say something and the instructor just yelled “WORK!!!” Hm. I was working…and sweating…and smelling…and feeling disgusting…
She never turned the AC on, and a few people even left midway through class.
Good thing sweat is sexy.
What’s that a photo of, you ask?
It’s my T-shirt!
After working up the grossest sweat of my life at the gym, I scooted uptown to JackRabbit to finally see the T-shirts that I designed and will be selling on Thursday.
I love them!
And yes, I do own an iron, but no, I don’t use it. Sometimes I use a hair straightener on my skirts and shirts. That’s as fancy as I get.
So the shirts — which are available in both men’s and women’s sizes — will be on sale for $25 at Thursday’s event. I’m especially happy that 100% of the T-shirt sales go toward my fundraising for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America!
A lot of people have asked if shirts will be available for purchase online, and the answer is a very hopeful YES. I’ll do a little inventory after Thursday and will sell what’s left to anyone who’s interested.
I really like the sleeve:
And the JackRabbit logo is on the back:
People who come on Thursday will be able to try shirts on before purchasing. I will tell you that they run a bit small. I normally wear a size small in running shirts, but this is me in a Small:
So yeah. I’ll be purchasing a Medium. I prefer my shirts to be a bit longer.
I spent the rest of my evening eating some pasta. I’ve already begun carbo-loading because this weekend, big things are happening: my first 20-mile training run.
This is the big one, friends. The big distance. The longest distance I’ll conquer leading up to the marathon. I can’t wait to tackle it, especially since I’ll have some stellar, sweaty Iron company along the way.
As I downed my pasta-spinach concoction (I’m such an awesome chef), I came up with all the trivia questions for Thursday night. They are fun. I was laughing.
I won’t reveal much, but I will tell you that there will be five rounds of trivia. Here are the categories:
- 90s TELEVISION
- “SAVED BY THE BELL” (Yes of course my favorite show gets its own category. Do I own the “SBTB” trivia board game? Obviously. I’ve never lost.)
- RUNNING IN NYC
- MOVIES & TV
- NYC FACTS
There are still some prizes trickling in, but right now I’ve got JackRabbit gift cards, Crunch gym memberships and a 5-pack of classes at Flywheel to give away.
I’m so excited.
This morning I was up before the sun (wahhh, the days are getting shorter) for a Coach Cane-prescribed hill workout.
Warm up, three loops of Harlem Hill at marathon goal pace, plus speeding up across the 102nd Street transverse, then a cool down back home.
In total I covered 7 miles. I would have liked to dominate those hills a bit faster, but I did hover right around my MGP.
And it was really pretty out this morning.
Fun Fact: A stealthy JackRabbit representative is trolling Central Park every morning looking for people in JackRabbit gear. If you’re spotted, they’ll hand you a $10 gift card. Nice, right?
Another Fun Fact: “Team Ali” T-shirts have the JackRabbit logo on the back. So get yours, and then wear it in the park, and you’ll probably win $10. Just saying.
Alright so we talked about the shirts, we touched on the topic of trivia and I let you know about my run.
Do you know what else I want to talk about?
Honestly, how great was that decade? It was wonderful.
SO NOW LET’S OPEN IT UP TO DISCUSSION: Tell me something you remember and miss about the fabulous 1990s. I miss Trapper Keepers, blowing on Nintendo games to magically fix them, Limited Too outfits, Doc Martens and Beanie Babies…kind of. I do not miss fanny packs. I don’t miss scrunchies either, because they are obviously still trendy.
Posted in Central Park, Gym Classes, Hamptons Marathon Training, Happy Things, NYC, Run For The Rabbit, Running and tagged Central Park, Chisel, Coach Cane, Crunch Gym, Flywheel, Harlem Hill, JackRabbit Sports, Kelly Kapowski, Run For The Rabbit, Running, Saved By The Bell, Spinning, Sweat, The 90s, Trapeze, Trivia-