Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
5 Fun Friday Things
That is pretty much the most clever title I can come up with today: 5 Fun Friday Things. I guess I just like alliteration, and I’m admittedly not feeling very clever or creative today.
Like I said, I like word patterns.
Today is Friday the 13th, which means absolutely nothing to me. I’m not superstitious (“though I am a little stitious” — “The Office” anyone?) and I’d like to think I don’t believe in bad luck.
That being said, I think today will be a lovely day. Here’s five reasons why:
1. I slept in! Today is a rest day. Remember when I wrote about that genius little tidbit Mrs. Coach Cane threw at me the other day? “If you don’t like rest days it’s because you’re not working hard enough.”
Well I worked hard enough yesterday, Mrs. Coach Cane, and for the first time ever I’m grateful for today’s rest day. After pushing myself on yesterday morning’s run and topping the day off with a spin class, my body didn’t want to do anything but lay in bed this morning. So that’s what I did (well, I did some ab stuff, but I lay down for that). Today I will rest. I can tell that my body needs to recover.
2. I’m wearing a new shirt. I can’t really decide if I like it, actually. The material may as well be called “You better not sweat today or it’ll show” and I’m not sure it’s very flattering. But I bought it a few weeks ago and, stupid me, it was a final sale item. Regardless of the fit, I adore the loud magenta color.
3. No one blew cigarette smoke on me this morning. Usually my commute to the office involves me getting stuck behind various smokers who love blowing their nasty morning air all over my just-blow dried hair. Maybe I’m a brat, but I hate it. I wish there were separate sidewalks for the smokers and the non-smokers. Cigarette smoke is my least favorite thing in the world. But, this morning my walk was surprisingly smoke-free. Score!
4. I’m laying low tonight. No drinking (maybe a little drinking). No late bedtime. Just relaxing. I think that over the past few months I kind of forgot how to relax. Tonight might involve a bubble bath. I don’t know. I don’t know if I’ll have enough time. (Old School. Anyone?) I’m running the NYRR Healthy Kidney 10K tomorrow morning, and though I’m not necessarily looking for a PR or anything fancy, I would like to feel good and fresh.
5. New Run For The Rabbit commercials are airing! I got a sneak peek of my new commercial last night and it’s so exciting that these will be on TV. You can watch the commercial I’m in here on YouTube.
There’s also a new commercial starring my new
drill sargeant friend, Coach Cane. Click here to watch it.
And there you have it. Five things that will make today a good day.
YOUR TURN, OBVIOUSLY: Tell me the things that are making your day good today!