Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Feisty looking sky today! Perfectly suits my Monday morning mood, thanks to a killer career pep talk with… https://t.co/n3N43wos2f about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Family. Friends. Fitness. Fresh air. This weekend had all my favorite F-words. @ Palisades Interstate Park - Ross… https://t.co/iLzjZOUUIX about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Mom & Dad’s Night Out! Thrilled to be celebrating sammham & weinerdogbitit tonight at the most gorgeous wedding. (M… https://t.co/o6HNYXJIrR 06:17:41 PM November 09, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My girl. 💕 @ Weehawken, New Jersey https://t.co/Fj5wMIoynd 08:34:36 AM November 08, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
- October 28, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 184: Crohn's Disease and Motherhood with Natalie Hayden
- October 23, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 183: Stephanie Pennington, Creator of Project Finish
Thankful Things Thursday: A Late Start
Due to the fact that I got pretty much no sleep last night, I’m running a little behind schedule this morning.
My stuffy nose had me tossing, turning and struggling to breathe. Even Tylenol PM didn’t pull through for me last night. I let myself sleep until 7 am then started my day as usual, just an hour or so later than normal.
Soooo yeah. Still sick. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that it’s a cold, not allergies. No real medical reason behind my diagnosis, I just sort of decided. I did use the WebMD symptom checker, and according to that I either have a cold, allergies, dust exposure, hay fever, pneumonia or Anthrax.
But just because I’m sick doesn’t mean I’m not ready to throw down a list of things I’m thankful for today!
I’m thankful I got any sleep at all. The night was rough, but from 6 to 7 am I was in a deep, blissful sleep. That hour was awesome.
I’m thankful I broke a sweat. As I’ve discussed a bit this week, as long as my symptoms stay in the head region, I feel OK enough to work out. When I woke up this morning, I took to the river for a 4-mile jog. I say jog because it definitely wasn’t an all-out run. I kept my pace very moderate and focused more on steady breathing (out of my mouth only, silly sinuses) than on moving my legs fast.
I’m thankful for fresh air. Yeah it was nice to run, but it was also nice to get some morning Vitamin D. The rain has finally left NYC, at least for now, and today is a beautiful day.
I’m thankful for commuting clothes. Once I get to the office, I’m a heels-only kind of girl. But walking to and from the subway? Heck no. I’m all about the moccasins and the comfort. It’s also finally spring, so my green coat is out in full force.
I’m thankful for my LBD. That’s little blue dress. I’ve posted a million photos of this winner by now, but seriously, best investment ever. I didn’t have the effort to put something together this morning, so I slipped into my favorite thing.
I’m thankful for medicine. Afrin, Tylenol PM and now today I’m trying something new. I hope it’s effective!
I’ve received a ton of emails and Facebook messages this week from people all asking the same thing: “Uh, did I see you on TV last night?” People have seen the commercial on the Oprah Winfrey Network, ESPN and NY1. It’s so exciting!
And of course, the second question they ask is, “So did you get it?!” Well, it’s a waiting game now. JackRabbit is announcing the six finalists — narrowed down from the 60 people who did screen tests — at the NYC Running Show, which is next Friday (April 22). I’ll be there at noon for the big announcement. Crazy! My fingers are all obviously very crossed. My toes, too.
I’m thankful that today is going to be busy. I thrive when I’m busy. And stressed. That’s probably not good. Coming up:
- That meeting that got rescheduled.
- Going to a photo shoot in the afternoon — all the editors are getting headshots taken today for our website. Hopefully they can Photoshop my red nostrils!
- A Quinnipiac University happy hour after work. I’ll stick to water, but yay school spirit!
- Seeing Wonderland on Broadway tonight.
On that note, time to get myself into gear.
YOU KNOW THE DRILL: Tell me what you’re thankful for today! I don’t care if you’re sick or if it’s raining where you are. There has to be something you’re thrilled about. Let me know what it is.