Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Feisty looking sky today! Perfectly suits my Monday morning mood, thanks to a killer career pep talk with… https://t.co/n3N43wos2f about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Family. Friends. Fitness. Fresh air. This weekend had all my favorite F-words. @ Palisades Interstate Park - Ross… https://t.co/iLzjZOUUIX about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Mom & Dad’s Night Out! Thrilled to be celebrating sammham & weinerdogbitit tonight at the most gorgeous wedding. (M… https://t.co/o6HNYXJIrR 06:17:41 PM November 09, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My girl. 💕 @ Weehawken, New Jersey https://t.co/Fj5wMIoynd 08:34:36 AM November 08, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
- October 28, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 184: Crohn's Disease and Motherhood with Natalie Hayden
- October 23, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 183: Stephanie Pennington, Creator of Project Finish
Spring! Spring Is Here!
lovely misty but warm morning in New York City and I’m feeling good going into a new week.
Well. That’s kind of a lie. I’m still feeling sick, actually, and I’ve taken cold medicine and allergy medicine hoping to rid my body of this cough, but neither have helped.
Despite my body shutting down, the rest of me is in a pretty good mood.
In case you stick to weekday-only reading, here’s what you missed out on this weekend:
- I gave an apartment update, complete with photos of piles of clothes. I also went to bed at 9 pm on Saturday night. If that’s not an awesome night, I don’t know what is.
- I ran the Scotland 10K in Central Park. I felt crappy but finished with a time I’m pretty pumped about.
I was excited to get several messages last night letting me know that I made it into the New York Road Runners photo gallery from the Scotland 10K! I always look at the photos after every race and hope to see myself, or at least someone I know, and this time it finally happened!
I’m a fantastic smile faker, because I can assure I was not happy at that point during the race.
Also, did I pin my bib on in the dark? How did I manage to get it so crooked?
Last night I joined two lady friends for dinner at Penelope, which is an adorable cafe-style restaurant in Murray Hill. It’s actually where I went for lunch after I came to NYC and got offered my first post-college job!
The food was great, but the best part of my meal was the hot apple cider.
It was perfectly hot and very soothing.
Unfortunately, dinner didn’t sit so well with me and I had to rush home pretty quickly. That’s all I will give for details on this one. I blame Crohn’s Disease, not the restaurant!
Luckily my stomach felt settled by the time I woke up today, and I was happy to throw on warm-weather running clothes for a 4-mile river jaunt.
As I walked out the door I freaked out about not being warm enough, so I ended up changing into a long-sleeved shirt.
It was misty and wonderful during the run. There was no sunrise, which was surprisingly nice. Being near the water was calming and relaxing — the perfect way to kick off a new week.
As I’ve mentioned, my morning running route hasn’t changed much since the move. The only difference is that I start and finish at a different part in the route. I’ve quickly grown to love the part where I get to weave through Carl Schurz Park and past Gracie Mansion.
It’s really feeling like spring in the city, and best of all it smells like spring. There are flowers popping up everywhere!
Since the temperature is supposed to climb into the 70s today, I wanted to wear a dress. Obviously.
When do I not want to wear a dress?
Confession: The dress is too big on the sides and I have it “tailored” with safety pins.
Another confession: The safety pins aren’t even tucked neatly inside the dress. They’re on the outside. Completely visible.
Whew. Now that you know all about my life, there’s obviously stuff I want to know from you…
SO TELL ME: What’s your favorite thing about spring? Outdoor dining? Outdoor runs? Fresh flowers? Drinking in tank tops and flip flops?