Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Feisty looking sky today! Perfectly suits my Monday morning mood, thanks to a killer career pep talk with… https://t.co/n3N43wos2f about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Family. Friends. Fitness. Fresh air. This weekend had all my favorite F-words. @ Palisades Interstate Park - Ross… https://t.co/iLzjZOUUIX about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Mom & Dad’s Night Out! Thrilled to be celebrating sammham & weinerdogbitit tonight at the most gorgeous wedding. (M… https://t.co/o6HNYXJIrR 06:17:41 PM November 09, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My girl. 💕 @ Weehawken, New Jersey https://t.co/Fj5wMIoynd 08:34:36 AM November 08, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
- October 28, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 184: Crohn's Disease and Motherhood with Natalie Hayden
- October 23, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 183: Stephanie Pennington, Creator of Project Finish
Coming Together, Falling Apart
My apartment is coming together really nicely!
Though simultaneously my body is falling apart.
I battled a sinus infection a few weeks ago, then got better just in time to run the National Half Marathon. Now I’m sick again, this time with a nasty nagging cough and overall head congestion.
I’ve tried taking Mucinex (gosh, so sexy) and Extra Strength Tylenol (which, in my opinion, cures everything), but neither seem to be doing much good. I’m thinking maybe it’s just seasonal allergies getting the best of me.
Yesterday after work I went to the New York Road Runners offices — conveniently located so close to my new apartment — to pick up all my goodies for tomorrow’s Scotland 10K race.
I’m not sure how much use I’ll get out of the beanie, but I love the T-shirt and the tote bag. Well done, Scotland!
I’m excited about the race because I’ve grown to love racing in general, but I obviously wish I was healthier for the occasion. My plan is to just enjoy the race and not shoot for a goal time. Since I’ve never done an official 10K, I’m going to PR no matter what! It’ll be fun to just relax and not kill myself trying to maintain an outrageous pace.
Today has been beautiful in NYC. I spent my morning in Central Park then enjoyed a sunny 3-ish mile run along the East River. I was way too hot in shorts and a long-sleeved shirt!
Now I’m relaxing and laying low — and planning to be in bed by 10 pm tonight!
I’ve had my windows open all afternoon, which may not be ideal if I am, in fact, dealing with seasonal allergies, but I couldn’t resist.
I’m happy that my apartment is really coming together and I can’t wait to have my parents here next week to help make it into more of a home. I still feel like it’s a bit like a college dorm.
Here’s how things are looking:
Last night I spent some time hanging clothes in my closet…
…and yet I still have piles of
crap lovely clothes everywhere!
Tonight I plan on staying in, laying low, drinking a ton of water and carbo-loading for the big race tomorrow.
I will carbo-load for any occasion. A half marathon? Sure. A 5K? You bet. A walk to the grocery store? Yes, that also deserves carbs. Don’t ever get between me and a bread basket or a bowl of pasta.
LET ME KNOW: Who else is running the Scotland 10K tomorrow? I’m hoping to see lots of familiar faces out on the course!