Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- May 27, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 242: Shalane Flanagan
- May 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 241: On the Job with JoMarie Flores, Funeral Director
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
Thankful Things Thursday: Race Week Edition
There’s so much to be grateful for today, so I’m getting right to it. Here’s what I’m feeling thankful for today…
I’m thankful I got all my laundry done! Since I leave tomorrow morning for D.C. (and I have an event tonight — more on that later), I had to get all of my laundry done yesterday. I did, and now all of my possible race day pieces are hanging up to dry.
I’m thankful I got to catch up with an old friend. One of my good friends moved out of NYC a little over a year ago. She was in town with her boyfriend last night and we enjoyed an amazing meal at Nobu57. The food was amazing and the company was perfect.
I’m thankful I woke up this morning. I definitely do not remember my alarm going off at 5:30. I must have shut it off before falling back asleep. Oops. Luckily my body somehow knew to wake up again at 6. Good job, internal alarm.
I’m thankful I ran! Today was my last pre-half marathon run. I enjoyed three lovely miles along the East River. I’m so glad the weather cooperated and although it was freezing, the path was free of snow and ice.
I’m thankful that today is my last day of work this week. Once 5 pm hits, I’m officially off for a long weekend!
I’m thankful that I get to attend my first Broadway opening tonight! I go to lots of shows for work, but I’ve never been to an official opening event. I’ll obviously be back to post about it later, but I’m excited to put on a fancy dress and people watch at The Book of Mormon. The show is supposed to be hilarious.
Of course, I didn’t want to wear my dress to the office, so I dressed down for the day. Way down…
Luckily if a rodeo strolls through town, I’m dressed for the part.
NOW YOU TELL ME: What are you feeling thankful for today?