Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Feisty looking sky today! Perfectly suits my Monday morning mood, thanks to a killer career pep talk with… https://t.co/n3N43wos2f about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Family. Friends. Fitness. Fresh air. This weekend had all my favorite F-words. @ Palisades Interstate Park - Ross… https://t.co/iLzjZOUUIX about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Mom & Dad’s Night Out! Thrilled to be celebrating sammham & weinerdogbitit tonight at the most gorgeous wedding. (M… https://t.co/o6HNYXJIrR 06:17:41 PM November 09, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My girl. 💕 @ Weehawken, New Jersey https://t.co/Fj5wMIoynd 08:34:36 AM November 08, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
- October 28, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 184: Crohn's Disease and Motherhood with Natalie Hayden
- October 23, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 183: Stephanie Pennington, Creator of Project Finish
Ali’s Weekend Update
I’ve got all kinds of things to update you on, so let’s get right down to it.
First of all, I’m so glad I took yesterday off from work. I was stressed out by not being in the office, but I worked all day from home which was a nice alternative to being miserable at my desk.
(Oh, in case you missed it, I’ve been sick all week.)
I got two doses of antibiotics in me yesterday, so by late afternoon I was dying to get outside to enjoy the 75-degree day.
I went for a walk/run along the river. The highlight, of course, was seeing the abundance of puppies at the dog run.
I felt OK as I covered 3 miles yesterday. I loved the weather and it was so nice being in just shorts and a tank top. But at that point, my throat was still hurting pretty badly, so I took it easy.
Yesterday was also an exciting day for me because my first post on NBC New York’s Go Healthy blog was posted!
Dinner last night was the ultimate comfort food: pad thai! I got to bed early and slept until 8 am.
I was thrilled to wake up this morning feeling rested — and even more thrilled that I could actually swallow! It didn’t hurt! I’m not completely healed, but I’m definitely getting there.
That meant a return to running! I had originally planned to run 6 miles today as my final long run before next weekend’s half marathon.
Turns out, I felt good enough that I ran 7 miles! It wasn’t my fastest pace because I still wanted to take it easy, but I felt comfortable and the weather was perfect. Happy Ali! I feel confident that as long as the antibiotics keep working and I don’t have to put up with any side effects, I may still hit my goal time at the race.
After my run, I used my new toy: The Stick!
(That sounds dirty. It’s not.)
This was my first time using The Stick and I liked that I could really wore specific areas of my legs. I love my foam roller, but this was a different kind of happiness.
Now I’m showered, I’m feeling good and I’m ready to have a great weekend!
Lastly, good luck to everyone running the NYC 1/2 Marathon tomorrow! I had a blast running it last year and hope everyone who’s participating has a fabulous race!
TALK TO ME: Are you a do-er on the weekends? Or do you prefer to be lazy once the weekend rolls around? I’ve always been a go-go-go kind of person (obviously, I wake up early to run every Saturday). But lately I’ve been trying to embrace my on-the-go tendencies with a decent amount of rest and relaxation.